Thursday, July 2, 2009

In the studio...glazing



Happy Thursday, it's almost the holiday weekend for those of us in the U.S.! I just came in from my studio and thought I might share a couple of pictures. I've got 2 new coil & pebble pots that I bisque fired last weekend, so they're ready for glazing.

I've decided to cover them in black underglaze first, then layer other colors on top of the black; continually wiping off the glaze with a sponge. I want them to have a real "whitewash" or watercolor type of effect.

Here's the first stage...just put on the black tonight. I'm posting a "before" and "after" shot so you can see how much it helps bring out the stamps and the textures. (Nice towel, huh? Note to self, move towel next time! Actually there was a purpose for the towel, it was there to protect the bottom of that bowl from some black glaze on the wedging board). Too fun!!

1 comment:

  1. The towel is ok but your work is stunning! Love how it looks with adding the black under glaze.

    ReplyDelete