Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I'm in the mood to create teapots!

Happy New Year!  Maybe it's the season....cold, dark winter and lots of snow; but I'm ready to dig my hands in the clay and make some teapots.  Pot 'o tea, anyone?  Earl Gray is my favorite tea, how about you? As any potter will tell you, the teapot is one of the most difficult pots to make because of all the components that must fit together and work in unison.  Honestly, I'm a bit fearful of lids. They have to fit exactly and I'm so not an exact type person!!  I need lots of practice on making lids. Spouts and handles are fun for me!  OK, to pump myself up for the challenge, I've been searching online for fun ideas.  I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you.  They're all from ETSY SHOPS, of course! Enjoy and buy if you're tempted!!  Amazing artists, every one!

AdrienArt

ClairesClayWare

JeffPenderCeramics

JudyBFreeman

MossBeachCeramics

Phillipspottery

SandyMooreDesigns

Lawatson

Tjoseem
Bellajoy

15 comments:

  1. What an inspiring collection of teapots! Have fun with your teapots. ... tea preference, I'm an Earl Grey fan too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful collection of teapots!

    Add me to the Earl Grey fan club...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! I love them all. I'm a green tea girl in the morning and chamomile at night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I've never made a T-Pot but you have inspired me, shining sister of the light!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow those are wonderful! I can't wait to see what you come up with! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is beautiful - and I love your mugs! I think you're up to the teapot challenge. you've found some really lovely inspiration pots. So, I say"go for it" There's Chrysanthemum tea in my tea cup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have found some wonderful teapots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, gotta love all these teapots! And it's a great day for a cuppa hot tea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic teapots and inspirations! I will look forward to seeing your teapots-the cozy answer to snowy days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I'm still in the mood and haven't been able to start working on my teapot ideas yet. Still love looking at these beauties, though! WOW! Such amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi this is Anshul from India i like UR collection very much.I want to know about UR products.I LIKE THE PRODUCTS VERY MUCH.

    KRISHNA CERAMICS INDIA
    GT ROAD KHURJA
    ANSHULGOYAL1001@GMAIL.COM
    09760923331

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to say this is pretty rare air here. Those are a nice set of pots there and I sort of get butterflies when I see my little teapot there in that company. Thanks for the inclusion!

    Matt Mossbeachceramics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anshul from India: Thank you for your compliments on my teapot collection! Please click on the name of each artist/Etsy Shop under each photo to visit that artist's shop for more information about their products.

    Matt--you're welcome! Love that little pot of yours!

    ReplyDelete